Thursday, March 18, 2010

{Real Party} - Valentines Day

This is the first year I hosted a Valentines Party. It was great! I invited a very small group of my daughters’ friends and they all enjoyed the RED, PINK, and SWEET day!



I always wanted to try making a centerpiece with Manzanita branches. Well, I happened to find the branches at Marshals and here is my creation:



I looked online I found a free template of paper cones (can’t remember where – sorry). They were very simple to make using scrapbooking paper (the thick ones), embellishments, and ribbons to hang them out. I filled them with valentine’s stickers, erasers, mini chocolates, and stamps.




The week before the party I was watching Martha Stewart and for my surprise Dylan Lauren's (Dylans Candy Bay - if you don't know the store you have to check!) was a guest on her show. She made a very fun candy bar topiary! Here is my valentines version!



For dessert we had vanilla & chocolate cupcakes, mini heart oreos, merengue, coconut mousse, and cookies.




Tomorrow I will post the kids table and some more fun ideas for valentines favors!
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment